9.07.2005

Quick Note

Well, I don't have long but I just wanted to do a small post. I'm currently in Miami and have just finished up our orientation into the world of Peace Corps, it remindes me of what I studied in my social psyc class about indoctrination. I am currently beening indoctrinated into the Peace Corps culture and it's not so bad. We are a group of 51. Most are recent college grads and a few a recent grad school grads and its been exciting and odd meeting all these new faces. I'm trying extra hard to learn names because I usually don't get names until about 5 weeks of talking to that person. I thought I better work on changing that. I just thought of this, but tonight is my last night in this country for a while. I will be jumping head first into the DR tomorrow and will be living with my host familiy the next day and everything will take off from there. What exactly everything is I have no idea. I feel this will not be the last time in these next two years that I have no idea what is going on. Guess I better cut it short as there is way to much more to say and I don't have the patience to say it all right now. Just a note, (Mom, Dad, and whoever else is wondering why I haven't been in touch) my gmail account has not been working. It may be a problem with the computers here at the hotel or something else but I'll get in touch with you asap. Alright, peace and love from the MIA.

Hasta Santo Domingo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck Matt.